Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I'm a stay at home of 3 beautiful children and I love to sew! I have been sewing ever since I was a little girl and my gran taught me everything from machine-sewing to cross-stitch. I started making Barbie clothes this past Christmas for my daughter and I loved it! It's so much fun to design and create fashions for the ultimate model - Barbie! I opened a shop on Etsy in May of this year and I have met a lot of talented artists that I enjoy networking with. So, take some time to look around, read my posts, and enjoy!

Crystal

Etsy: www.BarbieBoutiqueBasics.etsy.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/BarbiesBoutqieBasics

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Today on Etsy... New listing and a Treasury Competition!

Yesterday and today have been busy!! Last night I was contacted by a buyer looking to have a replica of Vera Wang's "Diana" wedding gown for Barbie. After a lot of research and playing with fabric I came up with a price that was out of her range. Bummer. Major bummer because even though the gown was incredibly difficult, it would have been a fun challenge. Hey, I love custom orders!

But, the whole thing gave me an excuse to drag the kiddos to Hancock Fabrics which is my fave store! I picked up snaps which I've been desperately needing and that everyone has been out of so I could finish this awesome His & Hers matching set:


In addition to all that, the bestest team ever on Etsy (EJ ART's Treasury Promotion Team) is holding a treasury competition. The theme is "dreamy" and this is my submission:


And I was included in this submission by GlitzCouture (Thanks hon!):

No comments:

Post a Comment