Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I'm a stay at home of 3 beautiful children and I love to sew! I have been sewing ever since I was a little girl and my gran taught me everything from machine-sewing to cross-stitch. I started making Barbie clothes this past Christmas for my daughter and I loved it! It's so much fun to design and create fashions for the ultimate model - Barbie! I opened a shop on Etsy in May of this year and I have met a lot of talented artists that I enjoy networking with. So, take some time to look around, read my posts, and enjoy!

Crystal

Etsy: www.BarbieBoutiqueBasics.etsy.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/BarbiesBoutqieBasics

Sunday, July 24, 2011

New Original Design by Barbie's Boutique Basics


I'm very excited to show off this dress - a brand new original design by myself. It has a wide, off-the-shoulder neckline, three-quarter sleeves, and a knee-length skirt. A small ribbon bow adorns the neckline. Made of stretch knit fabric, this dress has no need for snaps or Velcro - it slides right on! Currently it is only available in basic black, but will soon come in many colors and prints, including styles with contrasting neckbands. So why did I make this dress? Where did I get the idea? Well, I have for awhile made shirts similar to it. And every Barbie (every woman, really) needs a simple, knit dress that's breezy, comfortable and chic. So I extended the length of the shirt and stitched up the back seam. Really, it was pretty simple, it just took finding the right way to add length.

You can find this dress in my shop for just $10. Stop by and send some love!


No comments:

Post a Comment