Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I'm a stay at home of 3 beautiful children and I love to sew! I have been sewing ever since I was a little girl and my gran taught me everything from machine-sewing to cross-stitch. I started making Barbie clothes this past Christmas for my daughter and I loved it! It's so much fun to design and create fashions for the ultimate model - Barbie! I opened a shop on Etsy in May of this year and I have met a lot of talented artists that I enjoy networking with. So, take some time to look around, read my posts, and enjoy!

Crystal

Etsy: www.BarbieBoutiqueBasics.etsy.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/BarbiesBoutqieBasics

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Wookiee Cookies and other fun Star Wars Recipes

My four-year-old is obsessed with Star Wars...
Oliver in his Star Wars Jammies


and for his recent birthday, we had of have a Star Wars theme, of course!



A friend from church learned of this wonderfully geeky obsession and loaned me a family heirloom...
And of course we had to try a couple of these recipes! I haven't gone through the whole book yet, but believe me, I will! Here, I am sharing with you the two that we have tried so far: Wookiee Cookies and Yoda Soda

Ingredients:
2 1/4 c all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 c unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 c packed brown sugar
1/2 c granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 c milk chocolate chips
1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat the oven to 375
2. Put the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a mixing bowl. Stir with a wooden spoon until well mixed. Set aside.
3. Put the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in another mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer set on high speed, beat together until well blended and creamy, about 3 minutes. (You can do this with a wooden spoon, but it will take longer.) Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract. Add the flour mixture and stir with the wooden spoon until blended. Stir in the chocolate chips. 
4. Scoop up a rounded tablespoonful of the dough and drop onto a baking sheet. Repeat until you have used up all the dough. Be sure to leave about 1 inch between the cookies because they spread as they bake. 
5. Using pot holders, put the baking sheets in the oven. Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
6. Again, using pot holders, remove the baking sheets from the oven. Lift the cookies from the baking sheets with a spatula and place on cooling racks. Let cool completely.

Makes about 3 dozen cookies.


When I made these cookies, I didn't use a wooden spoon, just an electric mixer, until time to add the chocolate chips. Also, I found it best to let the cookies cool for at least one minute on the sheet before moving them onto a cooling rack to cool completely. And I ended up with almost 4 dozen cookies, not just 3!

Ingredients:
3 limes
3 tbsp sugar
1 c sparkling water
1 scoop lime sherbet or sorbet

1. Cut limes in half and squeeze the juice from each half into a measuring cup until you have 1/4 c. juice.
2. Put the lime juice and 3 tbsp sugar in small pitcher. Stir with a wooden spoon until sugar dissolves. Add the sparkling water and stir until mixed. Taste and add more sugar, if desired.
3. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop up the sherbet and drop it into a tall glass. Pour in the lime water. Serve immediately.

Makes 1 serving.
Ok, since I'm serving 5 and not just 1, I kinda threw out this recipe. But I kept the basic idea. Here's my version:

Ingredients:
2 L Sprite
1 pint Lime Sherbet
3 limes

1. Run hot water over bottom of sherbet container to loosen the ice cream. Open container and empty into a punch bowl.
2. Pour Sprite carefully over sherbet - it will foam A LOT. Continue adding Sprite until there is no more space in your bowl. Stir to melt the sherbet some.
3. Thinly slice limes and drop into bowl for garnish. Serve immediately.

The kids LOVED it! And, honestly, the hubs and I did, too - It was fun and yummy and perfect for a family of 5 geeks! I hope you get a chance to try these recipes and I hope you love them, too!



No comments:

Post a Comment