Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I'm a stay at home of 3 beautiful children and I love to sew! I have been sewing ever since I was a little girl and my gran taught me everything from machine-sewing to cross-stitch. I started making Barbie clothes this past Christmas for my daughter and I loved it! It's so much fun to design and create fashions for the ultimate model - Barbie! I opened a shop on Etsy in May of this year and I have met a lot of talented artists that I enjoy networking with. So, take some time to look around, read my posts, and enjoy!

Crystal

Etsy: www.BarbieBoutiqueBasics.etsy.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/BarbiesBoutqieBasics

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Pork Tenderloin Piccata

I made this for dinner tonight and it was so good my husband said, "You can make this as often as you like!!" Which is a pretty big compliment from him!

Ingredients:
1/4 c all-purpose flour
2 tbsp yellow cornmeal
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 pork tenderloin (approx 1 lb)
1/4 c butter or margarine, divided
1/2 c chicken broth
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 tsp lemon zest
1 clove garlic, pressed
1 tbsp snipped fresh parsley (optional)

Directions:
1. Combine flour, cornmeal, salt and black pepper in shallow dish. Slice pork into 2-inch thick slices. Using the flat side of meat tenderizer, flatten pork to 1/4 inch thickness. Coat both sides with flour mixture, shaking off excess. 

2. Heat large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Place 3 tbsp of the butter in skillet, swirl until melted. Add half of the pork slices to skillet; cook 3 minutes on each side or until pork is golden brown and centers are no longer pink. Remove from skillet to platter; keep warm. Repeat with remaining pork.

3. Add broth, lemon juice, zest, and garlic to skillet. Heat over medium heat 1-2 minutes. Add remaining butter to skillet; swirl until melted. If desired, sprinkle parsley over pork. Carefully pour sauce over pork slices; serve immediately.

U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 280, Total Fat 15 g, Saturated Fat 9 g, Cholesterol 105 mg, Carbohydrate 11 g, Protein 25 g, Sodium 550 mg, Fiber less than 1 g


We served ours with mashed potatoes and macaroni & cheese with lemonade to drink. I sliced the lemon (after zesting it) and added to the lemonade for looks and a little extra punch. It was sooo yummy! And really quick, too. From start to finish, it took approx. 30 minutes to make. I hope you get the chance to try it and I hope it's yummy for you and your family, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment