Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I'm a stay at home of 3 beautiful children and I love to sew! I have been sewing ever since I was a little girl and my gran taught me everything from machine-sewing to cross-stitch. I started making Barbie clothes this past Christmas for my daughter and I loved it! It's so much fun to design and create fashions for the ultimate model - Barbie! I opened a shop on Etsy in May of this year and I have met a lot of talented artists that I enjoy networking with. So, take some time to look around, read my posts, and enjoy!

Crystal

Etsy: www.BarbieBoutiqueBasics.etsy.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/BarbiesBoutqieBasics

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy Birthday! Happy Mother's Day!

Good Morning, Dolls!  I took last week off from everything (except responding to sales and convos!). It was my birthday and it was a wonderful day! I spent it with my sweet man and my children. My husband helped the kids make candles for me and they used flowers and leaves from the garden to decorate. Here, my boys are presenting me with one of their creations:


That night, my man and I went to see Marvel's The Avengers - we are both big nerds, I know! But it was such a GREAT movie! The actors were wonderful, the story line was good, the humor and fan service was perfect and well-delivered. After the film, we went to eat at Olive Garden. We don't normally eat out and we never eat at Olive Garden, so this really was special for us. I got the Stuffed Chicken Marsala and - yum!! - it was so good. We don't drink, so I can't tell you how good the wine was, but everything else about the meal was wonderful. After dinner, we just drove around town, talking and getting to know each other again. It's hard, in our busy lives and with opposite schedules (he works nights), to be able to spend time everyday with each other and just talk. So these rare moments that we have are full of us chatting and talking and even deep discussions - almost like we were dating again! It was a perfect night!!

The next day was a family day - we went out to several garage sales and found some good deals and we also hit the local farmers market down by the river. After that, we went to a local nursery - they have a special kids event on the first Saturday of every month. This time, my kids got to plant plants (impatients and marigolds) to take home with them. They also picked out a packet of seeds each. Guess what we did that afternoon? Yep! We planted!

Sunday was another wonderful day. We had a great service at church, with my sweet man as the liturgist. It was the first weekend, so we had communion. As Methodists, we do not have communion every Sunday, just the first of the month, but we allow all Christians to partake because Christ would never turn away anyone from his table. Because my husband was the liturgist, he got to assist in serving the communion. An older couple also served us. After service, my daughter and I were privileged to be invited to a Mother-Daughter Tea Party at The Glenn House. This house was built in the 1880s and has been restored and refurnished. It is now used for tours and events like the tea party. So, Kari and I got all dolled up and headed out with two of the most prominent women from our church. It was a wonderful time! Kari was so well-behaved! She was too cute drinking her tea and nibbling her sweets! I was very proud of her! After the tea, we went to tour the house. The highlight was of course the little girl's room that was full of old dolls, doll houses, toys, and even an old puppet theater! Kari just loved it all, of course!!

Well, I'm getting long-winded and haven't even posted some photos that I promised, so I will leave you with a few to look at! I'll post more later!





 Have a very wonderful Mother's Day, dolls!!





No comments:

Post a Comment