Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I'm a stay at home of 3 beautiful children and I love to sew! I have been sewing ever since I was a little girl and my gran taught me everything from machine-sewing to cross-stitch. I started making Barbie clothes this past Christmas for my daughter and I loved it! It's so much fun to design and create fashions for the ultimate model - Barbie! I opened a shop on Etsy in May of this year and I have met a lot of talented artists that I enjoy networking with. So, take some time to look around, read my posts, and enjoy!

Crystal

Etsy: www.BarbieBoutiqueBasics.etsy.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/BarbiesBoutqieBasics

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Customs & Church Happenings

Good Saturday Morning!! Computer issues kept me from blogging yesterday, so just like last week, I'm a day late. Sorry, dolls! I hope this day finds you well. It finds me well and busy, busy, busy...

I completed Aurora's custom order on Wednesday night - well, early Thursday morning actually. Here is the last photo from that order:
I'm not going to lie - re-sizing those jackets was quite a challenge. But look at the end result! I love how they turned out.

And just like with this custom order, as it was being completed, I received a new request for another custom! This one is for 2 Ken size doll outfits. Each outfit will have a sweater crocheted by Granny Gloria and a pair of jeans by me. One sweater will be maroon, the other will be green. Gloria should have them completed by tomorrow!

In addition to all this, I'm participating in several bible studies at my church including a Beth Moore study which I'm very excited about! Also, I'm making pouches my boys' Sunday School class for each child to put the papers in. AND today the pumpkins arrive for our church's pumpkin patch!! Every year we hold a pumpkin patch and the proceeds go to different missions. It's a wonderful outreach - so many people see the pumpkins and come by to see what we are up to. The kids and I are looking forward to unloading all those pumpkins this afternoon. My husband was so bummed he had to work today and can't be there to help - he missed it last year too!

So, as you can see, it's been a pretty busy time for me, but I'm loving every bit of it! This coming week, I hope to start my daughter's Halloween costume, so maybe that's what I'll blog about next week.

Until then, have a great week, dolls!

No comments:

Post a Comment