Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I'm a stay at home of 3 beautiful children and I love to sew! I have been sewing ever since I was a little girl and my gran taught me everything from machine-sewing to cross-stitch. I started making Barbie clothes this past Christmas for my daughter and I loved it! It's so much fun to design and create fashions for the ultimate model - Barbie! I opened a shop on Etsy in May of this year and I have met a lot of talented artists that I enjoy networking with. So, take some time to look around, read my posts, and enjoy!

Crystal

Etsy: www.BarbieBoutiqueBasics.etsy.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/BarbiesBoutqieBasics

Friday, September 23, 2011

Custom Order In Progress

 Good afternoon dolls! This week's focus has been on my new custom order that I mentioned last week. I didn't give you too many details then, so here's the scoop:

A psych professor is doing a study on girls age 4-7 and which doll they would choose based on size - Barbie, Tyler, and Emme. So each doll will have the same swimsuit, workout outfit, jeans & tee, business suit, and gown. This means I'm taking patterns that I have for Barbie-sized dolls and enlarging them to fit Tyler and Emme. The professor was kind enough to loan me her Tyler & Emme dolls to use as models and they are gorgeous! So far, I have the swimsuits for all three complete...


and the jeans & tee for Barbie... (the denim is ultra soft and stretchy)

and the workout outfit for Barbie... (I love this over-sized hoodie! It looks so comfy!)
I didn't really realize what a difference is size there was between Barbie and the other two fashion dolls. I know it's 4 1/2 inches, but that's not that much, right? Ha! Look at the difference:
So this is a challenging project - but believe me, that's what I live for! I love to be challenged. It's a great way to develop my talent and craft. Over the weekend, I will be resizing the pattern for the workout outfit & the jeans & tee-shirt. Out of curiosity, I tried the jeans for Barbie on the Tyler doll - they are the right length for her capris! And I'll just need to add a smidge around the waist. For Emme, I'll need to add just a little bit more to the length (about 1/4 inch) and a little bit more around the waist. Emme is my fave doll so far. She's my size ;)

Have a great week, dolls, thanks for sharing in this project with me. You can follow along and see more photos on my facebook page and on my twitter. And don't forget to stop by my shop to see new items added daily!

3 comments:

  1. oh wow! you have some talent girl!! :) Love it...

    Stopping by to say HI and to follow back!

    Angie
    www.littleinspiration.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it must take patience to make some of those really small clothes! I did not know there was still such a passion for Barbie! Go Girl!! I came over from the blog hop and now following you thru GFC. I would love a follow back when you get the chance. Thanks so much for your help and have a wonderful day!

    Mary@http://www.mmbearcupoftea.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you're doing great with this project so far. I love that workout outfit! =)
    I found your blog through the EJArt Team on Etsy. New follower here and hope you'll stop by and follow back.
    ~Kim
    http://2justByou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete